Saturday, February 1, 2014

January wrap up and Febraury goals

Happy February! My calendar today. Anyone else have a lot of "excitement" in their life?

It feels like just yesterday I was writing out my New Year's goals and getting ready to start the first month of 2014. Lets see how the month went:
  • I wanted to find a pattern, and I did. After a month and a half of holiday happenings, vacations and haphazard workouts, it was nice to change the calendar to 2014 and get back to real life. Little Man is back to a bedtime routine and his manners have improved dramatically (we had a little case of the "gimmes" happen during the holidays). I've found a good weekly pattern for my workouts and happy with how my race calendar is looking for the rest of the winter and spring.
  • I wanted to focus on starting fresh--and it's been so nice to throw out and donate stuff that's just...stuff. The kitchen cabinets have been cleaned out, closets organized, and I've been working really hard to putting things away immediately instead of letting things pile up. I still have a long way to go (my laundry room is still in a very questionable state) but it's a good start.
  • I wanted to say thank you to the people who help us. This was a fun! We brought cookies to the local fire station, left muffins for the sweet ladies who clean our building, and handed out little notes to people like cashiers and drive-through workers. I could tell it cheered a lot of people up, and it also helped Little Man with the aforementioned "gimmes".
Here's what's up for February:

  • I'm going to make good memories by...instituting a weekly family movie night. Pizza, popcorn and a night where no one has to do dishes or chores, so we all get a little break. Little Man is getting to the age where he's enjoying movies and he doesn't get to watch a lot of TV, so movies are pretty thrilling to him.
  • I'm going to focus on...finishing what I start. I'm pretty sure my iPhone has done some serious damage to my focus. Some days I start writing a blog, and end up making dinner while folding laundry and checking twitter. So this month, one thing at a time--and I'm hoping to finish at least some of the unfinished projects laying around--sewing projects, scrapbooks, writing the next great American novel...
  • I'm going to do good by...doing random acts of kindness all month. Random Acts of Kindness week is February 10th-16th, and their website has some great ideas to spread the love! I get a little corny around Valentine's Day and I think this is a fun way to celebrate it all month.
Other things on my radar this month? Sticking with my workout schedule, my half marathon training and watching my eating out habits. I love eating out and it's starting to show on my waistline, so I'm going to try to keep it to once a week--on the weekend with my family for our "family date".

A penny for your thoughts: what do you hope to get done this February?

1 comment:

  1. I am hoping to get settled in and maybe start a family game night.

    ReplyDelete