Monday, February 17, 2014

Pie in the Sky Disney Vacation

Between getting snowed in, being sick, and watching all my runner buddies get ready for the Princess Half Marathon, it's made me a little homesick for the happiest place on earth. So I decided to do a little virtual vacationing and make the ultimate, money-is-no-option, pie in the sky Disney vacation. Here's what I would do:

I think two weeks at Disney World would be the perfect time for me--I could pack for two weeks and not run out of clean clothes (this princess doesn't do laundry on vacation). My ultimate Disney hotel? My first reaction would be to say The Grand Floridian. And since we're not worrying about money, lets make it concierge level. I'd also really love to stay at the Polynesian or The Boardwalk one day--but the think the Floridian feels like the ultimate luxury.



I would do a 9-day park hopper ticket--3 days for Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios, but with the ability to park hop at meal times (I think I could eat at Epcot for a year and never get bored). I'm not a huge Animal Kingdom fan, but the park hopper would also allow time to visit and do my favorite things there.




It would be nice to spend two days going attractions and characters--even after all my trips there are still things I haven't done in the parks-- and one day just relaxing in each park.  I love the thought of being able to meander through the parks without having to race around to get to dinner or fastpass+ reservations--there's so much detail to see!    I wouldn't do a park for each day because I love to be lazy at Disney--resort hopping and lounging by the pool are two of my favorite pastimes.



With that much time, I would take the time to do some of the special events--I would sign my Little Man up for a Pirate Adventure Cruise as well as the "Behind the Steam" tour in the Magic Kingdom. Oh, and the husband would definitely get to try his hand at driving fast at the Richard Petty driving experience. While they were busy, I'd go to the spa.

Oh, and the food. Since we're playing the luxury game, we might as well add the deluxe dining plan. I'm pretty sure I'd eat at the O'hana breakfast every single day. It's easily my favorite place on property to eat. And starting out the day with Stitch is always a good thing.



Other places I'd like to try? Cinderella's Royal Table, Be Our Guest, and Le Cellier. These are the three places I've never managed to get reservations for, or haven't been a top priority for the price. Of course, I don't need fancy food all the time--I dream about the chili dogs at Casey's in The Magic Kingdom. The best thing about a two week stint is I could eat in alllllll the places. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it and I'd probably gain so much weight I'd have to run a runDisney event just to fit in my pants again.

You know, when I started writing this blog I thought I was craving a getaway--but what really makes me happy about this faux planning is the idea of spending all that Disney time with my little family--not checking e-mail, not doing dishes, not getting caught up in the nitty-gritty of life. Maybe it's time to plan a mini-getaway for my gang, without the price tag of this imaginary Disney trip--which, without any discount, would run in the neighborhood of $21,000.

Hey, a girl can dream, right?

A penny for your thoughts: what does your dream vacation look like?

3 comments:

  1. At this point in time anything that gets me away from my life at home would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect idea!! :0) Hope you are feeling better soon. The Deluxe Dining Plan and breakfast at Ohana sounds fabulous right about now...so does staying concierge at the Grand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh snap. 21k? Alright, we'll put it on my list of things to pay for when I win this elusive lotto I very sporadically play. :)

    ReplyDelete